Nasi Goreng became a bit of a staple on my trip to Sri Lanka. It all starts with the paste to give its distinctive flavour.
|preparation time:||15 mins|
- 2 banana shallots, roughly chopped
- stalk of fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 4-5cms fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tsp shrimp paste
- 2tsp tomato purée
- 2-3 medium red chillis, seeded if you prefer
- 1tbs soft brown sugar
- 25g salted roasted peanuts
Put all the ingredients into a blender/blitzer along with a tablespoon or two of water and blend until smooth.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container until you need it. It should keep for a week or so.