Developed by Michel Guérard, this is a fresh, modern, light accompaniment that goes well with plain grilled or pan-fried fish.
It remains to be seen whether I can avoid my beloved Salsa Verde to try this, though. I have one audience member that is now avoiding raw onion, which Salsa Verde does not have. Difficult!
|preparation time:||15 mins|
|cooking time:||2 mins|
- 2 salad tomatoes, skinned, seeded and diced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 banana shallot, halved & sliced thinly
- 5g (ish) fresh soft herbs (e.g. chives, tarragon, parsley, basil, chervil, coriander)
- 75ml olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- 6 coriander seeds, finely crushed (optional)
- Salt & pepper
Add all the ingredients to a pan and mix well. Let it sit until you are very nearly ready to serve. (A couple of hours would be good.)
When almost ready, warm the sauce very gently for 2 minutes or so. On no account get it hot enough to start cooking.