Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinian salsa [sauce] used to accompany barbecued or grilled meat. It is quite like a spicy version of my favourite, Salsa Verde, which also accompanies steak very well.
|preparation time:||15 mins|
- 3 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 salad onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbs chilli flakes
- 1 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 25g flat leafed parsley, finely chopped
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs oregano (stalks included), finely chopped
- ~5 tbs olive oil
Mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least an hour, or prefereably overnight.
Serve with barbecued/grilled steak/côte de boeuf/prime rib.