I don’t know whether this constitutes fusion food or not – Mexico-America-Far East? Does Mexico grow mangoes? Whaever it is, this salsa goes very well with salmon which, in my view, tends to need a lift and something to cut through the oiliness.
|preparation time:||15 mins|
- 1 ripe mango, flesh of, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, skinned & diced
- 1 medium hot chilli, finely chopped (green or red, with or without seeds to taste)
- ~10g fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- olive oil (just a splash)
- Salt & pepper
Mix all the ingredients down to and including the oilve oil in a glass bowl. Give it all a good stir and let it stand for an hour or so to let the flavours mingle.
Season with a little salt & pepper to taste.